The Andover 2020 Town Election will be held on Tuesday, June 9th.
At their meeting on May 18th, the Andover Select Board set the date for the postponed Andover town election. This was a follow up to the action taken by the Essex Superior Court to approve the town’s request to postpone the local election due to the threat of COVID-19. The election had originally been planned for March 24th.
Voting can be in person on June 9th or in advance using an absentee ballot. State law allows any person taking precautions related to COVID-19 to vote via absentee ballot.
If you are voting IN PERSON:
You can vote at your regular polling place. Polls are open 7am-8pm.
Please click this link to read about the steps Andover will be taking to protect the safety of election workers and voters.
- Precincts 1 & 3 vote at the Cormier Youth Center, 40 Whittier Court
- Precincts 4, 5, & 6 vote at Wood Hill Middle School, 11 Cross Street
- Precincts 2, 7, 7A, 9, & 9A vote at Andover High School, 80 Shawsheen Road
Not sure where to vote? Visit http://wheredoivotema.com/.
Take these steps to vote using an absentee ballot:1. Print and complete the absentee ballot application found here. In section 2 “Ballot Information” be sure to include the Andover 2020 Town Election (“a specific election”).
2. Return the application to the Town Clerk using whichever one of these three methods is best for you:
3. Once your application is received, the Town Clerk will mail you your official absentee ballot, instructions, and return envelope. Your completed absentee ballot must be back to the Town Clerk by 8:00 PM on Election Day, June 9th.